Thursday, February 1, 2018

February Counterfeit Kit and blog Hop

Today is the reveal of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge February's inspiration kit. Master Forger Julene chose Noel Mignon's Weekend in Paris kit.  It's a beautiful kit with lots of pinks and blues as the main tone.

You should have arrived from Tina's blog, if not you can start at the beginning of the Hop or continue on (I have the full list below).

There is a Card Kit


and the Classic Kit



I actually have the Daily Diary Kit so I'll be using that and my counterfeit kit Stay Curious.

For my papers I wanted to take out some of the pink so I replaced that with the Coral and Orange colors in the papers. I still have the blues, cream, yellow and grays that are in the original kit.



DCWV- dark gray cardstock, next two sheets - Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Collection – Styleboard, DCWV - The Timeless Texture Stack , My Mind’s Eye – Chalk Studio II, Making Memories – {Note} worthy “Addie pattern Stripe”, Colorbok - Delilah, DCWV – dark coral cardstock, Anna Griffin pattern paper – unknown name, DCWV light coral and white cardstock, Anna Griffin pattern paper unknown name, DCWV gray cardstock, 2 papers Amy Tangerine – Stitched Collection



For the embellishments I've added blue and white pompom trim, various ribbons, buttons, rhinestones, gems,  pearls, various flowers ( I have no coral flowers) and leaves, Heidi Swapp clips – I hope to use up as I only have 3 left; My Art C clothespins and K&I memories heart felt pieces.


Above is some Amy Tangerine cut apart from her Stitched paper pad, doilies, die cuts,  and a Stamp set from Shimelle which has not seen any ink so I thought I should include it. I know I'll be adding other stamps, maybe some mixed media, and some cut files.






As I was cleaning up my scrap space I came across these items and I’m adding it to my kit. 2 papers Amy Tangerine – Stitched Collection and 2 papers - Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Collection – Styleboard, Factory Direct flowers, Dovecraft wooden shapes, Recollections Cabochons in white, premade envelopes, more trim and die cuts.
Your next stop is Lori's  blog My Happy Life for her inspirational kit. The complete blog hop is below.
Lori - http://loriannie670.blogspot.com
Lynnette - http://sassyscrapper2010.blogspot.com 
Julene - http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com 
Kelly - http://www.honeysucklehillcrafts.com 
Lisa -  http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com/
Laura - https://www.instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea/ 


10 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

This is a pretty collection and I see you found pompoms. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

Susanne said...

Loving your coral take on the kit. Enjoy it, I see many pretty layouts in your future.

Margie said...

Love your additions to this kit! The last creamy grouping that you curated especially!

li-bee-ti said...

Beautiful kit you've made!

Kelly Sroka said...

Love this! I especially like the blues in your kit.

Susan said...

I like that even though you had one of the inspiration kit, you tailored it more to work for you.

Tina Campbell said...

Love your choice of changing up the color a bit with the coral :) and such pretty paper too :) Looking forward to seeing what you do with the clothes pins in your kit :) I have some in my stash and have no idea what to do with them

Clair said...

I love all of the soft, romantic elements. You've made a beautiful kit x

Lisa said...

I like the fact that you adjusted the colours to suit what you need and then built on it from there. Good choices and some lovely embellies. I also smiled when I read that you came across some extras and threw them in too - I do that all the time! Ha ha. Sometimes just after I've made the kit but also throughout the month. Sometimes at the end of the month, there's a completely different look to it because of all the things that found their way in!

kate blue said...

great take on the kit and love that you took the pinks out (something I normally do)-love those little deer veneers!