Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Candles

I found this ribbon at Home Goods and just had to buy it. At the time I had no idea what I would use it for. Then I decided to make some candles for my co worker's. I then sewed on gold beads at each pleat intersection and made candle sleeves that they can use over next year.
I then decided painted the tags green, applied Crackle and painted white. The pine cone stamp is embossed in copper and glitter is added to the top. The pine boughs are embossed in clear and glitter. I used my Cricut to cut out the JOY using George and the Basic Shapes cartridge. I then used my watermark stamp and stamped each letter, applied two coats of silver embossing powder.
I used left over Christmas paper and the dollar store paper bags to make the gift bags. I used my Cricut, Celebrations cartridge, to cut the scallop in red. I made the word tag in Adobe Photoshop. The snowflakes are chipboard painted white and clear glitter applied.




After looking at the bags for a few days and thinking they still needed something I added a silver metal snowflake to the top left corner of the green paper, a silver brad to the right corner, and a white brad in the center of each snowflake.
Recipe: Stamps: Pine cone foam stamp, Take Flight from Close to My Heart - Large Pine and Small Pine Bough Ink: Versamark ink, Green ink Paper: Christmas Paper scraps, white, red, green from The Christmas Cardstack textured card stock Paint: white, green, crackle finish Other: Cricut Cartridges George and the Basic Shapes, Celebrations, snowflake chip board, clear glitter, Ice Stickles Crystal Ice, foam dots, tag, metal snowflake, white and silver brads, paper bag with handles

No comments: