Thursday, May 29, 2008

June Cd Calendar

I used one of my favorite stamps for this one. This is one of the first stamps I bought and it gets used quite a bit. Once again I am using black paper as the base and Publisher for the calendar.



I stamped in Versa Mark ink onto the fresh Paint paper, used silver embossing powder and heat set it and repeated the process on a transparency sheet and on the fresh Paint paper. I selected one image for the background, and trimmed around it. My stamp doesn't measure the 4" square that I've been using as the background paper so I am adding to it by using cut outs of the same paper.

From the other image, I selected a couple of flowers to cut out. I tried to get ones that had the embossing all around them because I wanted to add Diamond Glaze to make my own accent. Since this is a light weight paper it curled the edges a little. I then cut around a couple of the embosses images on the transparency. I now have a few images to use on cards and/or tags.

Using black ink I stamped June and embossed with clear embossing powder. I rounded the corners and attached behind the embossed page. For the strip behind the calendar I rounded both ends and cut in half and attached it behind. It looks like it goes all the way across the page but it does not.

Recipe: Stamps: Hibiscus Portrait - Hero Arts, June - Hero Arts Clear Designs Paper: fresh Paint, Black Ink: black, Versa Mark Embossing Powder: silver, clear Calender: Publisher Misc: transparency sheet, pop up dots, Diamond Glaze, corner punch

No comments: