Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thank You ...

Jeannie phoned me this weekend to let me know that she was placing flowers on Mom's grave and was it alright. She then went on to say that she does it every year for her Mom and she picks out the carnations and the kids help her when they are in town. So I made this card as a Thank You.





The card base and stamps are from The Stampin' Place. The card base is from the set Country Meadows. Next is the Cricut paper from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More. Then a scrap of green, and dark red. I stamped on the tan using cranberry ink and a dark green brushable pen for the stems. I masked the carnation and the mum and then stamped the background flower. The tan and red have a brad in each corner. I then stamped two more flowers and cut them out in a 1" circle. The green is a 1 1/4" and the dark red is a 1 1/2" circle. The flower circles are attached using pop up dots.


I used the Cricut to cut the 1 1/4" circle and the Fiskars Circle Templat to cut the 1" and 1 1/2" circles.


The actual stamps I used from the Natural Elements 3 set is Dried Flower G-631, G-632, G633, Dried Plant J-178 and Natural Elements 2 set is Dried Flower F-640 and F-639.


Edited to Add:



I forgot to take a post the inside of the card, so here it is. I like to add a folded piece of paper to the inside of my cards. I used the Dried plant F-639 for this.





Recipe: Paper: Pre-made base from The Stampin' Place, Cricut - Tags, Bags, Boxes and More, scraps of green and tan, Ink: Cranberry, Pen: Dark Green Brushables, Stamps: Natural Elements 2 and Natural Elements 3, Cricut: George and the Basic Shapes Other: Brads, Pop up dots, hole punch, Fiskars circle template

No comments: