Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine Mail

I picked up these mailboxes at Target for $1 and thought they would make great little Valentine's Day treat holders. They were really easy to do one I had a template made up for them.

I made a template for the mail layer of paper as I wanted to cut around the flag. I moved the flag to the bottom and started the paper on this side as far down from the top as I could go. I used Mode Podge for the bottom layer of paper. After going around and back up this side I moved the flag up and cut around the flag arm. This was the trickiest part of the whole thing.








I used my cuttle bug to run the red craft foam through with the Fiskars Heart Texture Plate then used the scallop punch to punch the foam out. The white cardstock is embossed with the D'vine Swirl embossing folder and punched with the next size smaller scallop punch. The hearts are punched from pink glitter paper and attached with pop up dots.

With the plain pink paper I use the stamp die to cut two and embossed them with the heart embossing folder. I used pop up dots to attach them to each side of the flag.





Using the dotted from from the monogram and frame stamp set I stamped in white card stock and punch it out with the 1 3/8" punch, the back is punched from left over papers. From the red foam I punched a 1" circle. I stamped the initial on white card stock and punched it out using the 1/2" circle. These are layered together using pop up dots and a piece of pink ribbon around the flag.




I used a piece of the Fresh Paint Metallics pink paper for the decorated pen, red line tape and microbeads.



Recipe: Paper: Fresh Paint Metallic Patterns pink and red, The Luxury Stack pink, white, pink, a striped paper and pink glitter paper I had left over, Foam: Red Cuttlebug, Dies - Stamp, Embossing Folders - Heart Stamp, D'vine Swirl, Fiskars Texture Plates - hearts Punches: scallop punches, 1 3/8", 1", and 1/2" circle punches, folk heart Stamps: monogram and frame from Martha Stewart Ink: red and black Misc: glue, pop up dots, Modge Podge, Red line tape, micro beads - clear

No comments: