Monday, June 29, 2009

Floral Stick Pins

I like the look of the stick pin you see in various projects on the Internet. I have not bought any as the only ones I can find come in the color of pink and are shaped hearts. If you have been following my blog you can see that I don't use pink a lot. I have guys so I need guy colors. Here is what I came up with. I went to JoAnn's and looked in the floral department and bought the floral pins.

I dipped them into acrylic paint and let dry. Then applied a coat of varnish. After they were dry I cleaned them up with my fingernail to get the excess paint and varnish off.






This is what they look like with the varnish, nice and shiny,






I used the Ranger distressing ink, stamp pad ink, and alcohol ink on them. I just twirled the stick pin while adding the alcohol ink, or rubbed them across my stamp pad. A Styrofoam plate works well to hold the stick pins up while drying. Once they were dry I dipped them in varnish. The ones I rubbed in stamp pad ink were still a bit damp after leaving them over night, but I dipped them in varnish anyway. They dried very nicely.


With a few buttons, beads, or ribbon you now have a custom made stick pin. This is what mine looks like. I glued a seed bead to the bottom of the pin so no one would poked them self.

No comments: