Friday, July 24, 2009

Embossed Cards

The Cuttlebug Challenge Blog has a tutorial for an Embossed 3-D Butterfly Card. For my cards I used the Cricut cartridge Indie Art to cut out the butterflies at 2 1/2" with the Blackout Function.

For my embossing folders I used Tiny Bubbles, Snowflakes, D'Vine Swirl, and Floral Screen working largest layer to smallest layer. For the butterfly I used Stylized Flowers.
After making white on white I pulled out pink, orange, and red.




To finish off the inside of my card I cut my insert 1/4" smaller the my card and used the Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch to punch inside middle of the top layer. The white on white was hard to see so I embossed my white butterfly with Snow Dots so they would stand out. I glued one on the second page aligned with the punch and on bottom left hand side of the first page.

























I used the Martha Stewart butterfly punch to punch three more butterflies and glues one wing to the envelope and folder the rest to look like they were flying.



No comments: