Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The card base is made with white card stock for a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card. I inked the tulip with Celery and the leaves with New England Ivy, stamped on white card stock, then embossed with clear embossing powder. I then colored the tulip with Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, and Fire Brick Red. The leaved are colored with Peeled Paint and Celery. After the tulip was dry I trimmed around the edges then inked all the edges with Peeled Paint to cover up the white edges. I stamped French writing on tan card stock with brown ink to create the background behind the tulip leaves.




I used a combination of pop up dots and glue to attach the flower to the card. The bottom of the stem is glued, while on the top of the stem I used pop up dots. The flower has pop up dots also. I tied a ribbon around the front and inserted an eye pin into the knot with two beads on top. The ribbon is bias tape I had lying around.







I used Walk In My Garden Cricut Cartridge and cut the tulips at 1 1/2" and and 3" out of red and green card stock. For the inside of the card I layered the 1 1/2" tulip onto two squares of card stock that was used on the front. The 3" tulip is on the outside of the card.





Recipe: Cardstock: White, Dark Brown, Tan, Tan Swirl Paper, Red, Green Ink: Brown, Ranger Distress Ink - Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Fire Brick Red, Peeled Paint Close To My Heart - New England Ivy Stampin Up: Celery Stamps: Hero Art - French Writing, Tulip Stamp Misc: Ribbon, Eye Pin, Beads, Pop up dots, glue, clear embossing powder


Sketch Recipe:
Dark Brown Paper: Card Base: 5/ 1/2" x 4 1/4", Background paper 1: 2 1/4" x 4" Background Paper 2: 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"
Accent Paper 1: 4 x 3 3/4 Accent Paper 2: 2" x 3 3/4" Accent Paper 3: 3"x 3"

No comments: