Monday, September 13, 2010

Bird Cage Mini Album

The September Kit from Scrapbook Heaven included a mini birdcage album. I just love, but have no idea who it is going to go to. I only added a few bits and pieces from my stash - mainly Cricut cuts that were already cut out and left over from other projects.



Album cover:

Back of Album cover.




Front of page 2.
The leaf cut is from Home Accents cartridge cut in half.


Page 2 close up.



Back of page 2.




Front of page 3.
The yarn was left over from a crochet scarf I made my sister, and the scrap went perfectly with this paper. The flourish is from the Home Accents cartridge. I cut part of it away before attach to the album.

Back of page 3.
I used the Martha Stewart punch Birds On a Wire. It went so well with this theme that I had to use it. The red paper is left over card stock.


Front of page 4.
I have two cricut cuts on this page. One is the butterfly wing from the Indie Art Cartridge and the other is the plant accent from the Home Accents cartridge. I glimmer misted the flower.



Back of page 4.
I did wrap the ribbon all the way around the album, then layered the ribbon roses on top of that.


Front of page 5.
I painted the silk flower and added a big rhinestone to the center. The orange plant in the background is from Home Accents. The leaf is from a silk plant that I used the flower on another project.


Back of page 5. This is the only one I used the same paper on just a different direction. It wasn't intentional, I just forgot to flip the paper over when I was gluing it to the album. I made my own leaves the the paper crimper.


Front of Page 6
The butterfly wing, behind the red rose, is from the Indie Art Cartridge and started out white.



Close up of page 6 front.
I had mini flowers and rhinestones left over from some other project, but they are perfect here on the cuts from Home Accents cartridge.





Back of page 6.
Another branch from the Home Accents cartridge. We only had two of these birds in the kit, so I traced around this one for this page.

Front of page 7.
I used the Martha Stewart Daisy Fan Deep Edge punch for this border. Then I made a ribbon ruffle for the bottom.


Back of page 7.
I just love the little birdie on this page. I painted, glittered, crackled and embossed him. I can't remember which cricut cartridge this cut is on.



Front of page 8
I added a couple of cricut cuts to this page. The butterfly wing is from Indie Art, the branches are from the Home Accents Cartridge.


Pack of page 8
The butterfly wings started out white.



I did ink around all the pages that I put paper on. I haven't decided if I'm going to ink around the front and back pages. I hope you enjoyed my mini album.
Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Scrapbook Heaven Kit
Paint: Acrylic Paint: Making Memories - Capri and Daiquiri; Desert Turquoise, Bright Yellow, Black, Apricot, White, Black; Metallics - Festive Red; Craft Twinkles - Black; Distress Crackly Paint - Dried Marigold, Clear Rock Candy, Black Soot; Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber - Raspberry, Watermelon, Clover, Espresso
Ink: Distress Ink - Tea Dye, Dried Marigold
Cricut Cartridges: Indie Art, Home Accents
Punch: Martha Stewart - birds on a wire; 6 petal flower
Glimmer Mist: Spring Violets, Antique Brass
Misc: glue, glue dots, pop up dots, red yarn, rhinestones, pearls for the birds eyes, Modge Podge, crackle medium, cardboard to cut extra birds

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Your album is beautiful.
I just got this die :)

Lori (THCEO) said...

ADORABLE!!!!! I want to feature your album on today's Fantabulous Cricut "Scrappin' Saturday"...love it! :)

Lori

Myrna said...

WOW !!
This is absolutely fabulous.
Myrna

LeeB said...

This is a gorgeous album you created, fantastic.

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Found you from Fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com who featured your album there today. Loved your album!! Thank you for sharing it with us!