Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Altered Notebook

I just finished this altered notebook for my Sister. I'm meeting her in June in Wyoming for a Quilting Camp and this will be a surprise for her.

The Prima paper and chipboard flower branch and butterfly came in my Scrapbook Heaven kit. I used a couple of different glimmer mists on the flower branch and the Rock candy distress Crackle paint which doesn't show up in the picture. For the small butterfly under the saying I used the Stamp and Write marker and Ultra Thick embossing powder.

I stamped my butterflies twice onto cream colored cardstock with distress ink. A trick to keep the distress ink from smearing is to use clear embossing ink on your stamp then use the distress ink. I used pop up dots to raise the butterflies up.
A few left over rhinestones accent the leaves on the pattern paper.

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Paper: Prima - Annalee Collection "Avondale" and Chipboard pieces are from a Scrapbook Heaven Kit
Ink: Versa mark embossing ink; Distress Ink - Victorian Velvet, Rusty Hinge, Bundled Sage;
Stampin' Up - Stamp and Write Markers - Rich Razzleberry, Blushing Bride
Stamps: Unity Kit of the Month - Just you (March 2011); Stampin' Up - Bliss
Glimmer Mist: Antique Brass, Kiwi, Jazz Blue
Misc: Distress Crackle Paint - Clear Rock Candy, Ultra Thick Embossing Powder, ribbon, rhinestones,

No comments: