Friday, January 11, 2013

Punch and Die Cut Journal

To day is Finish It Friday's at the Yahoo Scrappers Challenge.   I have a couple, (it's actually two and a pile on top about of about 3" high on top of them) of plastic 12x12 Scrapbooking totes that you keep your paper in, with unfinished projects. 

I have several sample note cards with really messy hand writing on it and a sample of the technique I used or an element I made.  I have decided to keep them in a journal with the step by step directions so that I can recreate them in the future.  This way I can look through the journal, see the element I'm making and have the instruction all ready with what I need to do it.  The best part is that I don't have to scroll through my favorites on the Internet or Pinterest trying to find it.


 
 
My album cover is 6"x9" and covered in gray DCWV card stock on the outside and an unknown pink pattern paper on the inside.  I used the Tim Holtz Baroque die to cut a piece of white card stock.  I then layered a few of the flowers I have made along with a few silk flowers.  I'm thinking that the front of the album will probably stay this way.

I'm using the large ring binders (2")  to hold everything together as I expect this to be a chunky book. 

I am using a snack/sandwich bag to hold any templates I may have and clipping it to my instruction sheet so they don't get lost. I pulled out all of my notes and samples, rewrote them onto  5 1/2 x 8 1/2" paper, glued the punched samples down and attached any templates to the front of the project.  I had fifteen sample in my to do pile that are now in this little album.

 
Here is one of the pages inside complete with the template. I haven't decided how I am going to organize them on the inside: by type of punch or by what was made so I have not done any tabs.  One project completed for the Finish It Fridays, and I'm afraid to count how many are in there to go. 
 
Thanks  for stopping by.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Great job! Love the journal! It is gorgeous! Would love to see all the pages as you get them done. I can always use some new ideas! TFS