Friday, October 18, 2013

The Road to a Friends House . . .

is never long.

I always make a few pages that my guys can add their own pictures to.  It's a really challenge as I try to keep the pages simple and a general title that they could use for a variety of pictures.  That's what I had in mind when I pulled out the board paper for my Counterfeit Kit.   I was planning on making a 8 1/2x11 and a 12x12 layout - one for each guy.  But as I was playing with the layout it turned into a two page layout.  Now I need to see of I have another piece of that background paper for my other son.

 
I actually started with this page and the clock face.  I decided I needed more black and that is when I added the second page and the punched corners.

 
I then pulled out the Quotes and looked to see if I could find something about time but found the friendship quote instead.  I added a few of the labels for him to add his own date or a little bit journaling.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
Counterfeit Kit Challenge - October:
9 - 12x12 layouts
3 - 8 1/2 x 11 layout
 

Recipe:
Cardstock: DCWV - The Reel Stack III; Added to Kit: Provo Craft - The Slab III  - Woodgrain  paper and multi square paper, DCWV - black, Unknown off white.
Die: Tim Holtz Alteration Die - Weathered Time
Punch: Martha Stewart - Corner Punch
Ink: Autumn Leaves - brown
Quote: DCWV Friendship Vellum Quote Stack
Misc.: brad, adhesive, unknown clock face.

11 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

Pre-made pages for your guys? That is a labor of love! Plenty of room for them to add some journaling or memorabilia along with their photos.

kate blue said...

great idea and love the fact they THEY will add journaling!

petrii said...

GREAT LO!!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Congrats on CKC Fab Five!

mandysea said...

What a wonderful idea to get them so involved!! Love the design, and the concept!!

Unknown said...

Great quick pages :-)
Impressed by your progress with the kit of October!

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

The photo corners are the perfect touch. When I first started scrapbooking I used them all the time. I still have a ton in my stash, I need to pull them out and start using them again. Thanks for the inspiration :) Great pages!

Tina Campbell said...

Cool pages Cindy, great for some heritage photos too. Wow! that many layouts out of one kit that's a lot of scrapping done!

Lisa said...

This is a greAt idea. And wow, you get so much from your kit! Well done on such a high output.

Vikki said...

great job!

Vikki said...

great job! funny how things sometimes change along the way!