Thursday, January 11, 2018

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1 - New Beginnings

The Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1 - New Beginnings. January is typical for resolutions, goal setting, restarting, moving in new directions, and therefore we are to be inspired by new beginnings.

I have a layout with a couple of scrapbooking goals and a January divider for my planner.
First off is my layout - New Year, new Beginnings. This layout didn't turn out at all like I had planned. I was planning on using my Forged paper but was not happy with how it was going, so I started over.


 I cut the Swirly Whirly (pink background) paper to 11" square, gutted the center, then distressed the edges with my scissors. I then added a pink cardstock cut to 11 3/8", gutted and distressed, as there was just too much of a black border.


  I was planning on journaling on the Pink and White lined paper but added the chicken wire paper over it. There was just to much white and pink going on.  I fussy cut the pink and white flower from the Jen Hadfield Best of stack added the Black and White Damask paper with a couple of ribbon stripes.


I put a piece of score tape behind the "New Beginnings" to hold the letters together, then placed it on the journaling card. I printed off the list of goals onto printer paper, trimmed it to size and added it to the journaling card.  I used a small piece of the rub on at the bottom of the card. Scattered a few rhinestones around and added the glittered clip to the top of the card.

My second project is a Planner Divider. I used the small piece of Forged paper. The scalloped cardstock is cut to 6 1/4" x 8 3/4" with my holes punched on the left side. I used Publisher to print the January calendar onto white cardstock. I printed the quote onto regular printer paper and cut it into strips.



 A few ribbons, a tag and mini staples finish off the embellishment clusters. I stamped JAN, punched it out and attached it to the tab. I use my planner to plan what photo's and events I'm going to scrap as I tend to pick my Counterfeit Kit with this in mind.


Be sure to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge for more inspiration. Guest Designer Julie  used a sketch from Stuck?!,  Master Forger Laura made a non festive layout, you can find her on Instagram here and Master Forger Kelly documented a new apartment for her son, you can find her here.

Thanks for stopping by.

January Counterfeit Kit - Holiday Joy
7 - 12x12 Layouts
4 - 8 1/2x11 Layouts
     12x12 Project Life
     8 1/2x11 Project Life
1 - Planner Pages
8 -  Cards
8 -  Tags

Recipe:
January Counterfeit Kit - Holiday Joy
Paper: DCWV - Scallop red paper, Black and white cardstock, The Everyday Essentials Stack; DIY paper; Bo Bunny - Holiday Cheer "Swirly Whirly"; Colorbok - Delilah - pink flower cut out; Jen Hadfield - Home Made "Best Of" chicken wire paper; Recollections - Black and White Damask
Punch: Stampin' Up - Round Tab and slot punch; hole punch
Stamps: Gel-a-tins - Save the Date
Rub Ons: Kaiser Craft -"Dash Away All"
Stickers: Tim Holtz - Label Letters; Thickers - Delight; unknown numbers
Font: Gabriele Black size 18
Misc.: Adhesive,  Ribbons - assorted, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, Pop up dots, Printable wonder ticket, Rhinestones - Recollections;


 

2 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Wonderful layout, and great planner page.

Lisa said...

Your layout is just so pretty and what lovely scrappy goals! And now I see the planner page has the forged paper! Clever! What a great start to the year :-)