Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Hike

Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog's second challenge is to use summer icons on your page - sun, clouds, sunglasses, pineapples, palm trees/leaves, cold drinks, etc. If it says summer to you then use it on your project. This can be in your papers, your embellishments or even something in your photos.

For my page I die cut the sun motif using my silhouette out of white cardstock. I then colored it with distress ink in fossilized amber and cut in half. I just smudged the ink pad over the die cut, add a little bit of water to blend then dried it with the heat gun.

I layered my photo onto a couple of different pattern papers and that onto an embossed piece of gray cardstock.


I haven't journaled on this page as it is a companion page to a project life page and I have a lot of
journaling on that page.  So I'm undecided if I need to add more journaling on this one.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Doreen Vasquez said...

I love the simplicity and how, even w/ the simplicity, it's still nice to look at!

Lisa said...

How clever you are to colour the element yourself! This looks great and the whole layout sums up summer!