Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Grow

I started my layout using this sketch from Page Maps, I found on Pinterest.


I wanted to document the plants that are coming up in my youngest son's yard. He had texted me a couple of photos - we knew he had rhubarb and peonies but did not know what one of the trees were until it bloomed. His backyard gets plenty of afternoon sun light and his peonies are much further along than mine.


Then I did a second page after we cleaned off his patio and set the table and umbrella.
I didn't want two completely white backgrounds together so I pulled out a couple of pattern papers
to layer behind. The first is the field paper - nice yellows and greens

and then the pineapple paper with off white and yellow and green.

Both of them came from the DCWV Photoreal paper pad from 2016.

For my oldest son I just did photo blocks and journaling strips on the bottom and just enlarged the sketch to fit a 12x12.. I don't have specific pictures for this layout.



For my layout I'm documenting the installation of the furnace and air conditioner. I'm so thankful Dale was home for this as they had to drill from the furnace room through the bathroom to the front of the house to vent them. The new vents are the curlicue's now at the front of the house.


Now I didn't include a bunch of embellishments in my CKC May 2020 - Home as I had several packs of stickers. I've barely made a dent in the stickers but I did used a few on theses layouts - fern leaves, lemons, geometric flowers. I pulled in DIY flower and Enamel Dots, Chip board frame, heart doily and embroidery yarn and ribbon

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog - CKC May 2020 - Home
Paper: Lemon paper from Jen Hadfield - Patio Party, Polka dot from Recollections Home Basics Paper pad, White cardstock, Photoreal paper pad, Unknown green
Stickers: Jen Hadfield - Home Made
Chipboard - flowers and photo frame, DIY flower, Heart doily, embroidery thread, foam tape, ribbon
Misc.: Adhesive, foam Tape, DIY Enamel dots and Flowers. Heart Doily, Ribbon and Embroidery yarn in white, green and yellow.

No comments: