Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Day 3 - Three French Hens

Today I'm up on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog with the Day 3 prompt. For more information about our Daily Prompt please go to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog


To find more about The 12 Days of Christmas prompts and how we are doing thigs this month go here,(December 1, 2022 post here - explaining the month of December.)

Here is my page kit for 'On the third day of Christmas" 


I'm using a 12x12 piece of paper from American Craft - Christmas (paper pad from 2016), a few scraps from my scrap pile, Cricut Cartridge - Country Life, December 2022 Ali Edwars Stories by the Month - the stamp set that was included and, a sticker work sheet (unknow).

My layout is about Christmas Past. Growing up on the ranch, one of use would drive into town to pick up our grandma. When we did this, we always stopped at the stores for whatever supplies we needed. It was not uncommon for us to get snowed in and not be able to make it to town for a while. Grandma always came prepared. She would bake before she came, pies, cookies, cakes, breads even make cany. But she always made sure that she had what she wanted for backing at the ranch. 

Unfortunately, I have no pictures of us girls and Grandma making the pies, but I do have an old picture of her at Christmas time at the ranch (year unknown) which I am using on this layout. 

I have done both the story and the technique for this page. I didn't have any "food" icons, so I pulled out my Cricut and cut a pie and rolling pin. I added and Apron as Grandma always put on an apron while cooking. 

I have a few more pictures that I added to a pocket page. I pulled more scraps from the Christmas bin and a Christmas gift (unknown). I made a second page kit by pulling more scraps from the Christmas bin, Christmas gifts cut file and a few Glitter Domes.


Here is page two:


(Sorry for the glare, lighting is really bad with another snowstorm coming). I backed the cut file with the scraps. I'm using the 6x6 Christmas words paper to my journaling spot.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Don't forget to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Blog every day for the Prompt and Technique and then the Master Forger's take.

We'd love it if you'd join in. 

As always you can share kits, layouts and projects with us in our Facebook Communityor tag us over on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcdecember2022 and #ckc12daysofchristmas). 

 Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see you playing along with our festive fun this month.

No comments: