Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Baby Mini Album - 5x7



My sister is a Grandma again. I think she needs a baby album to celebrate the occasion.

Here is some general intimation about all the pages. The pages are 5x7 and are cut from recycled cardboard. I used the Tim Holts Baroque Die as a photo mat on each of the pages. Each page and baroque die is distressed with either Tattered Rose or Wild Honey. After I finished all my pages I decided to use the Bind-It-All and only used 6 wires in the middle of the album.

Page 1 and 2:

Here is a close up.

I used glossy accents to attach the button to the circle paperclip. After it was dry I added the story ticket. On page two the flower spray is created by stamping the flowers on paper from the Sunburn collection and fussy cutting them. I used the branch punch and little leaves die to add some accents. The flower spray was glued to a scrap of card stock and attached with pop up dots. The button on the right hand side is tied with embroidery floss and overlaps the photo mat just enough to help hold anything tucked into the flower spray.

Pages 3 and 4


On page 3 I made a mini clothes line. I used the cricut to cut the tag and then stamped it with the journal stamp and the modern label punch for the smaller tag. The tags are held together with a grommet and attached to the string with a jump ring. I have a couple of buttons holding the string in place. Page 4 has a belly band holding the mat in place with 4 buttons and a butterfly accent.






Here is a close up of page 4 showing the back of the mat.

Pages 5 and 6:





On page 5 I used the Stylized Label and stamped the Unity Small things sayings with the 3 birds on a wire from Stampin' Up. This was then attached to the velum sheet. I layered the vellum sheet to 3 pieces of the baroque die to make a large tag with the last sheet glued to the page. There is small mini brad in the top left corner holding everything together.

I used another Stylized Label die and attached it with foam dots so that the mini envelopes and photo mats can slide behind it.



Here is a close up of page 5 opened up. I did a combination of pattern papers so that she can use them for pictures or to journal.






Here is a close up of page 6 envelopes and photo mats. I have no idea where the chipboard butterfly elements came from but they worked great as fasteners for my envelopes. On the photo mat I just glued a scrap piece of ribbon and lace with a button to make a quick little accent.
Pages 7 and 8:





The baroque die on page 7 is only glued at the top and bottom so that the tag set can slide behind. Page 8 has a slanted pocket that holds a set of the baroque die pages. The decorative accent is The button stamp from the Unit Kit and was fussy cut then layered onto a couple of decorative circles. I added a few punched butterflies and the beauty tag is on pop up dots.








The tag set is held together with a Stampin' Up Earth Elements brad. I cut the tabs off and glued a circle on the back of the tags to finish it.

I had this designed with my Cricut but lost the file when I had computer issues. I think I used Plantin Schoolbook for the envelope but do not know for sure. Thanks for stopping by.


Recipe:
Paper: Recycled Cardboard - cereal boxes; DCWV glitter paper; Sunburn Collection; unknown vellum, Nana's Nursery - Baby Girl Collection


Ink: Stampin' Up - Soft Suede, Melon Mambo, Dusty Durango, Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz, Crushed Curry; Distress Ink - Tattered Rose and Wild Honey


Stamps: Stampin' Up - Clearly For You - angel and 3 birds; Scrappy Cats Journaling Blocks - Journal Stamp; Unity - KOTM May "Think Happy Thoughts" - flowers, KOTM April "Small Things matter most" - Small things saying, butterflies, Circle Stamp; Butterfly Beauty - beauty; Impression Obsession Wordplay " Express Yourself" - treasure; cherish stamp


Dies: Tim Holts Die "Movers and Shapers" Baroque and Stylized Labels; Stampin' Up - Little leaves
Punch: Stampin' Up - Designer Label Punch, Modern Label punch, Extra Large Decorative punch; Martha Stewart - Branch punch, butterfly punch
Misc: Glossy Accents, buttons, embroidery thread, Stampin' Up - Earth Elements - pink brads, Bind-It-All, Tim Holt's Adage Tickets, circle paper clip, adhesive, pop up dots, white gel pen, ribbon, lace, unknown chipboard butterflies, grommets, mini clothes pin, jump ring



No comments: