Friday, September 30, 2011

Flying Witch

Today I'm the Guest Designer for the Card A Day Blog. Thanks so much for coming to check out my card today.







I'm using a Clear Stamps set called Halloween Boogie. Since this is a clear set I can't just measure the wood block to get the size of the stamp so I did a couple of test stamps to get may paper to the size I liked. In this case 2 1/2 x 3 1/2. The witch is stamped with VersaMark embossing ink and covered with black embossing powder. The orange pattern paper is cut at 2 1/4 x 5 1/4.






The inside of my card is finished off with a white mat cut to 5 1/4 x 4 and inked in black. My decorative border is a strip of the orange cut at 1 1/4 x 4 and punched with the Spider Web punch.







Thanks for stopping by.





Don't forget to visit the Card A Day Blog for inspiration every day. Tomorrow we start the Christmas Card Blog Hop with Designer Karin Adamczyk. Be sure to start hopping at the Card A Day Blog.



Recipe:

Paper: Stampin' Up - black and white; Unknow - orange, orange pattern paper (from my stash)

Stamp: Clear Stamps - Halloween Boogie

Ink: VersaMark; VersaMagic - Midnight Black

Embossing Powder - Black

Punch: Martha Stewart - Spider web border; corner rounder

Misc: adhesive, embossing buddy, Recollections black pearls

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Wow what a fantastic card, nicely embossed it makes it look so shiny against the black and more impressive than just stamping it plain. TFS will have to try this myself I like the look of it.