Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wedding Congratulations

I needed a card to send to a special couple that recently got married and I just love the way it turned out.

I used the Sweethearts cartridge for the image of couple - they are button 45 on the key pad.  I welded and flipped them to my card base using the shadow feature then cut them out in black cardstock.  I cut another image out in white cardstock using the shadow feature.  Then I  cut the image out in black cardstock.  For the front of the card I cut a piece of white cardstock out at 4" x 3 3/4" and embossed with the Textile embossing folder.  I wrapped my ribbon around the embossed cardstock, glued this to the card front then layered the white shadow couple and the black image using pop up dots to attach it. Congratulations was stamped on the white cardstock and matted onto black cardstock. 


For the left inside of the card I cut a piece of cardstock 4" x 5 1/4" and embossed it.  I had to match up my embossing and run it through the Cuttlebug twice to get everything embossed nicely. I wrapped another piece of ribbon around my white cardstock. I stamped my sentiment onto white cardstock, puched it out then layered onto black cardstock and used more pop up dots.


On the left side of my card I used the decorative swirl and stamped it onto a piece of cardstock 4" x 3 1/4".  This is where I'll write my note to the happy couple.  I used the same decorative swirl on the front of my envelope to jazz it up a little.



 Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Paper: Cardstock - Recollections black and white
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug - Textile
Stamps: Inkadinkado - Wedding
Ink: VersaMagic - Midnight Black
Punch: Stampin' Up - Decorative Label Punch
Cricut Cartridges: George and the Basic Shapes and Sweethearts
Ribbon: Celebrate It - 1 1/2" white sheer
Misc.: adhesive, pop up dots, x-acto knife, Cuttlebug,

No comments: