Wednesday, January 2, 2013

8x8 Album

Hi Everyone! Today I want to share with you a few 8x8 Layouts - this is kind of a long post as I have 8 layouts to share. The Scrappers Challenge Yahoo group has a template for an 8x8 album template using 12x12 paper and cutting it down. Well I'm cleaning out my left over paper file to make these layouts.  I keep my paper from other projects in one of the plastic scrapbooking plastic totes that hold 12x12 paper and it's running over. 
 
First up is a simple page using squares it page 3 in the template.  I already had the scalloped paper and just cut it down to fit the rest of my squares.
 
 
With my 8x8 pages I try to do a 2x8 and two 4x6's to finish off that page.  I had enough that I was able to piece the 2x8 page together. 

 
Here is the second set of pages using the scallop paper.

 
I added a tag to the 2x8 page and put the scallop paper in the middle. 

 
I ran out of scallop paper so I used regular card stock and the corner punch.  I added a tag to this page with a couple of pieces of ribbon.  I left the bottom of the tag free so that a picture can slide behind the tag.
 
 
I added the jewelry punch to this set of pages along with an epoxy sticker I had left over.
 

OK I have 3 pages using the same template along with 3 pages using the 2x8 and two 4x6 layout done.

As I was cleaning up I found another piece of the dream paper.  It was large enough that I could use template #6.  I used a punch on the edge of this white cardstock.



I punched several pieces of white card stock to make the borders on this set of pages.  I normally keep my white scarps of card stock for stamping sentiments.  I think I can sacrifice a few pieces for this layout. 



I kept the embellishment's to a minimum as this is another set of gift layouts that they will add their own journaling to. Out of 8 pages I only cut one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" paper, everything else was in my left over paper file. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Paper: Pattern Paper: Piggy Tales - Row Row Row Your Boat "Dream" "Life" and "Your"; DCWV - Pink and white card stock
Ink: Inkadinkadoo - Olive Green
Punches: Stampin' Up - Jewelry Tag, Large Tag; Martha Stewart - Cherish punch around the page, photo corner punch
Ribbon: Unknown Scraps
Epoxy Shapes - Piggy Tales - Row Row Row Your Boat collection
Misc.: adhesive, zots

3 comments:

Nana Bluebird aka Kathy Aho said...

Good job! This looks great and so versatile!

Tina Campbell said...

Sweet! Looks so good and ready for pictures. Great use of scraps

scrapnhawaii said...

Looks good!! Can't wait to see it all completed!!! TFS!