Monday, September 2, 2013

Autumn Bird

Hi everyone, thanks for joining me from the Card A Day Blog.  This week we are celebrating with Autumn cards.
 
I started by stamping the leaves onto white cardstock, embossing them, then using my inks coloring them and cutting them out.  I then punched the leaves out of brown cardstock and the bird out blue.
 
 
I cut my layers (cutting instructions are below), distressed and inked my edges.  I added my ribbon and tied the bow in front. 

 
I have glued the leaves and braches die cut directly to the card front.  There are pop up dots behind the leaves and bird for dimension.



I punched out another bird for the inside of the card.  The edges of the white mat are inked with black.

Thanks for stopping by.
2 cards for OWH

Cutting Instructions:
Card Base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Orange cardstock: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Pattern paper: 5 1/4" x 4"
Purple 1 1/4" x 4" (cut two)

Recipe:
Paper: DCWV - The Timeless Texture stack (purple polka dot), The Luxury Stack (bird); Recollections - brown orange and white; Pink Paislee - 365 Degrees Collections - Daydream
Stamp: Unity August 2013 Kit of the Month - {cozy moments}
Ink: Stampin' Up - Old Olive, Bravo Burgundy, Dusty Durango; Stazon - Jet Black
Punch: Stampin' Up - Bird Punch
Die: Sizzix - Flowers, Leaves and Branches
Misc.: adhesive, clear embossing powder, cuttlebug, heat tool, pop up dots, scissors, distress tool.

2 comments:

Shelley Flores said...

Love it! The colors make the leaves pop, and I love the way you put a second bird on the inside.... when you start to open the card like your picture, it looks like both birds are chirping at each other :-) So cute!

Vickie said...

Very pretty card. I love the way you colored your leaves and the bird.