Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Dark Night Bat Wings

Hi everyone and thanks for joining me from the Card A Day Blog. This week’s theme is all about Halloween. I had this new stamp "Spooky dark night bat wings" from Unity Stamps that I wanted to use as a label on my jar, but I just couldn't get it to work.  So I used it as a tag instead and the bats inside my jar.  

 

 I started by stamping my jar onto white cardstock and cutting it out.  I then placed my bats inside my jar to get the placement, took my acrylic block and pressed them onto it, then inked my stamps.  While they were drying I punched the spider web in black cardstock (for the front of the card) and in the Frist Edition pattern paper (for the inside). I added my polka dot band to the spider web border and placed it on the card.  I then put the jar on the paper and once again placed the bats, pressed my acrylic block to them then inked them.  After I stamped all the bats I then started attaching everything to the card front.  


 For the inside of my card I use white cardstock for the memo section then added the First edition paper that I punched earlier to the back.  I also stamped another set of bats in the corner.

 

I was going to call it quits there but the jar looked like it need something to I added the neon ribbon around the top of it.  That neon ribbon is so old; my guys used it to make stuff out of pony beads, so I have no idea who made it. I also added stickles to the eyes of the bats.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cutting Instructions:
Card Base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Word Paper: 4" x 5 1/4"
Polka Dot Paper: 4" x 1 1/4"
Inside Card:  4 1/2" x 4"

Recipe:
Cardstock: Recollections - Black and white; DCWV - white; My Minds Eye - Day Dream Bugglegum Girl; Stampin' Up - Frist Edition
Stamps: Clear Stamps - Halloween Boogie (small and medium bats); Unity Stamps - Unity Kit of the Month - August 2012 {Colors of the Seasons}, August 2013 {cozy moments}
Ink: Stampin' Up - Basic Black and Basic Gray
Punch: Martha Stewart - Spider Web border
Ribbon: Stampin' Up - Cherry Cobber and Pear Pizzazz;
Stickles: Fruit Punch
Misc.: Adhesive, pop up dots, scissors, button, scrap of jute 

No comments: