Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Christmas Ornaments

Today I'm the designer at Card A Day Blog and we are making cards with a theme of Christmas Ornaments.


I started by stamping two of the ornaments, punching them out, then using the embroidery floss to create a hanger.  I used the embossing folder a piece of white cardstock, added that to my card layer then added the ribbon.  The ribbon I'm using is more like trim for sewing so it has some depth to it.   I used pop up dots behind the ornaments and lined up the embroidery floss at the top of the card.  After everything was placed I attached this layer to the card front.

 
 
To finish off the inside mat I added a strip of the pattern paper to the top of the mat.  I'm leaving plenty of room to write my message as this one is going into the mail and has a way to go before it gets to it's home.

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Cardstock: Recollections, - white and blue; DCWV - Holiday Collection - The Christmas Stack
Ribbon: Unknown
Stamps: Stampin' Up - Tags til Christmas
Ink: Stampin' Up - Brocade Blue and Ballet Blue
Punch: Stampin' Up - Ornament Punch
Embossing Folder: - Cuttlebug - Snow Dots
Misc.: Adhesive, score tape, foam dots, embroidery thread

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Beauty of a card and I just love the way the trim works for the borders too :)