Monday, October 27, 2014

Officially way too cute

I had a few moments here and there to scraps yesterday. I started by pulling the Cosmo Cricket  polka dot  paper.  Then I grabbed a couple of distress inks to go with the red.   I started with the distress ink and didn't like the way that was looking so I switched to acrylic paint, just painted over the stencil and used the heat gun to speed up the drying process.



After that it was all about layering the papers.  I've added the painted doily from September's Counterfeit kit along with some punched vellum. I added the "Missing You" on the vellum underneath the photo.  The Recollection Alphabet Stickers are in different fonts and I'm trying to use up one of the sheets so the fonts are all different and I've used both upper and lower case letter.


I used the distress ink to tone down the white and red flower paper, it was just to white.  I need to add the "Officially way too cute" strip on the guy's layouts.


A few more pattern papers, one of my pre-made flowers, a journaling spot and I think I'm done.  This is one of pictures I printed out and lost the date so I need to find the date and add it to the photos.

I started this layout Sunday and it took all day to get it done.  I finished it at 10:30 Sunday night, but it was a few moments at a time.

My journaling reads:
David left his pillow and blanket in the truck. Izzy made herself comfortable. She was really missing David.
 
Counterfeit Kit Challenge - October
6 - 12x12 pages
2 - 8 1/2 x 11 pages
2 - Binder Dividers

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
October Counterfeit Kit: Cosmo Cricket - Early Bird "Cherry Pie"' ;DCWV - Heirloom Stack, The Everyday Essential Stack, Immortal Love stack, Tan Cardstock; Provo Craft - The Slab III; Stampin' Up - Love Letter; Unknown - vellum, red cardstock; Painted Doily from September
Stencil: Hero Arts - Large Lotus Pattern
Acrylic Paint - Tomato Spice
Ink: Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Punch: Martha Stewart - Spiral Arches
Stickers: Alphabet - Recollections; Unknown- Sticker-ric rac
Misc.: Adhesive, Date Stamp, label, Pre -made flowers, Scissors, Tiny Attacher,  Zots

6 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

Love your color scheme & all the layering - what a cute story!

Susanne said...

Yes, the way you've layered those pieces they seem to cuddle up all around the pup. Nicely done.

Tina Campbell said...

Me too love the color scheme and the layering just a really cute layout and picture. A sweet story too

kate blue said...

Fantastic!! Love the flower coloring too!

Leslie Germain said...

Beautiful page and adorable picture. Love the papers and the layering!!

Leslie Germain said...

Beautiful page and adorable picture. Love the papers and the layering.