Monday, July 17, 2017

Love layouts

I'm not sure where the summer has gone. The guys are all moved out, we're back from our trip to Texas, most of the garden renovation is done (just a little bit of movement of plants left to do) and a little bit of cleaning is left in the house and garage.  I have a few page kits left over from previous month and I would like to get them use up or put back into my stash. Hence I' didn't put together a July Kit. I actually had a moment to make a set of pages from an older kit.

 I've watched all of Nicole Jones' video's on Demystifying Clusters.  I love the way she puts page kits together and that she has no problem putting the scraps aside and working on another layout.  I on the other hand have issues - have to use them or they tend to drive me nuts. I know I have a couple of sheet protectors that have scraps in them, but I'm trying to not do that any more. Just more clutter and sometimes I use them sometimes I don't.

This set of pages is from my February Counterfeit Kit - Hello Lovely.

I did a couple of double page layouts for the guys.

 
I changed the photo mat size but kept the amount of photo mats the same. A few hand cut banners from the scraps along with some embroidery floss.



The mists are hard to see, but you can definitely see the large drop on the above picture.

Thanks for stopping by.

February Counterfeit Kit - Hello Lovely
10 - 12x12 Layouts
5 - 8 1/2x11 Layouts
5 - Project Life Pages

Recipe:
Page Kit #8:
Paper: Amy Tangerine - Stitched and Stampin' Up - Welcome Neighbor; die cut shapes, playing card, silk flowers. this is why I have the extra embellishment trays - I know I will pull from it when I make these layouts.
Papers add to kit: DCWV - Gray and Kraft cardstock, The Basics Stack
Mists: Glimmer Mist - Lemon Zest; Heidi Swapp color shine - Tea
gray embroidery yarn,

2 comments:

Susanne said...

These look great - loving the circles. Good for you for going back to an old kit to use it up. I am another who has no problems putting scraps into my scrap bin, and then giving it a good going over every 6 months. I used to deal with scraps sooner rather than later by making cards, but right not I'm very overstocked on cards too. What's a scrapper to do? ;-)

Lisa said...

scraps can be a problem and I got a whole load used up and shipped out this month which makes me feel good! I love your use of the Amy Tangerine papers here and the banners are super cute!