Wednesday, April 4, 2018

April Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Forgeries on the Fourth

The April Inspiration kit is from the Button Farm


There are so many items that could be forged from this month. I picked a few the doilies, arrows and a dimensional flower to replace the flower wood veneer.



I started with making a few of the doilies.  I have many stamps that are doilies - I just cant resist them, maybe it's because of my crochet. The stamps I pulled out are Stampin' Up's Delicate Doilies and Unity Stamp Company's Kit of the Month from February 2017 {unexpected places} and July 2017 {it's going to be beautiful}.  I stamped onto white cardstock then fussy cut them out.  Since the colors in my kit are darker than the inspiration kit I used darker colored inks to go with my kit.



Next I pulled out the feathers and arrows die and die cut from scraps of yellow blue and white cardstock. I kept the negative pieces of cardstock just in case I can use it on a layout this month. If not it's easy to get to get rid of.


Lastly the inspiration kit had wood veneer flowers so  I made some dimensional flowers. I again pulled out scrap paper and some inks used my Cricut to cut flower shapes in various sizes I also pulled in a couple of punches to make the little flowers on the bottom. I added a stem to them and some pearls and rhinestones for the centers.


Hopefully this gives you some ideas to create your own embellishments. Stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog for more ideas from April's inspiration kit.

Recipe:
Stamps: Stampin' Up - Delicate Doilies; Unity Stamp Company: Kit of the Month - February 2017 {unexpected places} and July 2017 {it's going to be beautiful}.
Ink: Stampin' Up - Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Pear Pizzaz;; Distress Ink - evergreen bough
Die: Cricut Cuttlebug - Feathers and arrows dies

No comments: