Saturday, May 12, 2018

Counterfiet Kit Challenge #1 - Shapley Photo

Challenge #1 - Shapely Photos: We are cutting our photos into shapes for this challenge.

This is something I hardly ever do, I looked back at some my albums and I could only find one page for me and the guys that was a shaped photo and it wasn't the photo. I used the Cricut to cut a mat to go over my photo to make it look like it was shaped. I was inspired by this layout from the Pinterest board that was created for this challenge.

I snapped a picture of the crocus that just bloomed. Earlier in the week I had nothing there then up it sprouted and bloomed all within a couple of days.



As you can see most of my photo is of bark and I just wanted to highlight the flowers so I made a chevron out of a piece of the kraft cardstock and then a template for my photo.




After printing the photo I used the template to cut the photo out. I added a strip of pattern green and purple paper to the top and bottom of the page to bring in some more color.


  I stamped the flowers from the February 2014 - Grow into Spring stamp set three times and fussy cut them out then added them to the layout. My journaling is on anther chevron backed with the kraft cardstock and surrounded with flowers.


My journaling reads " Spring is slow getting here. the week before we had over 20" of snow. I wasn't sure the flowers would make it." I added a few sequins and gold rhinestones around the embellishment cluster.


I stamped the BLOOM a couple of times before re-inking it, something I hardly ever do and I really like how this turned out.
 
Before you go check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog for more inspiration on the Shapley Photos along with Guest Designer Emma Clark, Master Forger Margie and Master Forger Tina.
 
 

Thanks for stopping by.


Recipe:
May Counterfeit Kit:
Papers: White cardstock, Kraft cardstock scrap of patter paper
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company KOTM- February 2014 Grow into Spring; Heidi Swapp Stamps
Ink: mowed lawn and seedless preserves and gathered twigs.
Misc.: green sequins and gold rhinestones.

No comments: