Friday, June 22, 2018

Sympathy Card

I need a sympathy card today. So I pulled out my June Counterfeit Kit - It's the Little Things.  I started by looking through the 6x6 paper pad I included in my kit to get some inspiration.

 
I pulled out four different sheets that I thought I might use on the card -

pink variegated paper, multi colored swatch paper, dark blue with light blue plus signs and a white with gold embossed pattern. After cutting into a couple of them I decided I would use the pink variegated paper for my card. I used Bazzill Vanilla cardstock for my base and cut a smaller panel for the embellishment.

 
I added a few of the flowers from the ephemera pack that I included in my kit. Since there was gold in the flowers I pulled out a scrap of gold cardstock and the leaf dies to cut a couple of leaf sets for the front of my card.
 
All of the edges are inked with gathered twigs and the sentiment is black soot.  I stamped a few of the flowers onto the envelope and embossed with gold embossing powder.


For the inside of the card I used a white mat to write on - just because it's easier to read, then added a strip of the pattern paper down the side, a couple of gemz and another flower piece to the bottom of the card.


Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to check out the Counterfeit Challenge blog to link up your project, the Counterfeit Kit Facebook Group or on  Instagram  (find us @counterfeitchallenge and share with #counterfeit challenge).

June Counterfeit Kit:
5 - 12x12 Layouts
1 - 8 1/2 x 11 Layouts
6 - Cards

Recipe:
June Counterfeit Kit - It's the Little Things
Paper: Pink Paislee - 6x6 Pick-Me-Up pad; Bazzill - Vanilla cardstock; Recollections - white cardstock; DCWV gold cardstock
Stamp: My Sentiments Exactly stamp; Scrapbook and Cards Today stamp set
Ink: Distress Ink - black soot and gathered twigs; Versa Mark Ink
Die: Leaf Sample cutting dies
Ephemera: Pink Paislee - Pick me Up Ephemera
Misc.: Adhesive, Cuttlebug ,Foam Tape, Gemz - Darice gold, gold embossing powder, Heat gun  and Zots

1 comment:

Julene Matthews said...

Looks pretty and very suitable Cindy.