Sunday, November 4, 2018

Forgeries on the Fourth

The November inspiration kit for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog is the Citrus Twist Kit, Little Things and can be found here. I made a few forgeries from this kit.


First off is my favorite. I fell in love with the Maggie Holmes Spread Love paper - the multi paper side was included in our inspiration kit.


I pulled out my bag of scraps to make my pieces. I cheated by not punching them into squares, instead I used rectangles and a 12x12 cardstock. I used white because I wanted a small border around the edge of the paper. I started cutting random strips approximately 3" long and various sizes. 


I love the way it turned out and will have to continue making a background paper  with my scraps when I'm done with my kits.  


My next forgeries include the:
Amy Tangerine Inflated Hearts:

From the Pinkfresh Studio - Indigo Hills 2 collection - the frames and die cut leaves
To make my hearts I stamped and fussy cut, punched and die cut several heart shapes, then used glossy accents to make them shinny. I did let them dry overnight.


For my  rectangle frame I used several colors of distress ink, starting with the lightest and working to the darkest. I did use my misti to so that I would be stamping in the same place every time.




For the leaves I used a combination of scrap cardstock and fun foam. I know the kit didn't have read leaves but the red will go well with mine. I even die cut a couple of words.

Now for all of my forgeries.


Be sure to check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog to see what the other Master Forgers created.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Great ideas, Cindy! In fact I may need to make a scraps background paper, too! Oh, my forgery list is growing longer, just like last month! So many artsy-craftsy ideas to tug at my creative half of the brain and the other logical analytical academic half is problem solving on how to go about all these!!! Oh what fun problems to have!!!! Thanks for inspiring, Cindy!!!

Julene Matthews said...

Fantastic forgeries Cindy.