Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Forgeries on the Fourth

As a reminder we are using Hip Kit Clubs October 2020 Kit for our inspiration kit this month.


 I loved the frames that were included in our inspiration kit 



Here are mine. I made a few of the frames, die cut the gold paper with some of the leaf dies,  and cut a few of the pattern papers for more elements - the numbers I want to use on Baby D's monthly layout page, along with the train, the keys are for a layout for my youngest, I added a couple of the words to the frames that I cut out. 


To created my frames I used scrap cardstock and cut the inside out leaving a 1/2" border all around.  I then added a couple of the stamped flowers with the silk leaves and die cut gold leaves. Mine are much smaller than the ones in the kit because I didn't think I would actually use them in a bigger size. This way I can tuck them under my photos.


I used the Gina K stamp and dies for a couple of the flowers on the one above I added one of silk leaves and a gold leaf that I die cut. 


This one has layered flowers, DIY enamel dot gold die cut leaf and a silk leaf.   I didn't think to add the twine or stickles to any of them. 



Then I needed to send a card and pulled out the Unity KOTM for August, stamped the sunflower and made a frame. this one is much larger than the others. I also pulled out some embroidery thread that I keep at my desk. Since I was adding in I pulled out the raccoon and elephant stamp for a couple more frames. I'm planning on using them on Baby D's birthday layout.  I'm not happy with the colors on the raccoon, but I can fix that before I use him on a layout. 

Thanks for Stopping by 

Recipe:
Ink: Distress Ink - spiced marmalade, fossilized amber, vintage photo,
Markers, colored pencils, gold embossing powder DIY enamel dots.scraps of cardstock and pattern paper. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

clever clever! They are super cute and I like the way you adapted the size to make them usable for how you craft. Thanks for joining in !