Sunday, February 12, 2023

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1 - Put a Heart on it.

 Today we have Challenge #1 posted on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. Our inspiration kit this month is Cocoa Daisy February 2022 Elegance Bloom kit. I left it open to any and or all of their kits. 

Let's have a quick look again at the inspiration kit this month. 

The Memory Making Kit has hearts as one of the icons in it. I have a larger picture of them below.


So, our 1st Challenge is to put a heart on it. This can be as simple as heart die cuts or enamel dots, a heart banner or a heart background are just a few ideas. 

Here is my 12x12 Layout for this challenge. I used a lot of different hearts on this page- Stitched heart dies, punches, hearts cut with different Cricut Cartridges, wood veneer hearts and heart jewels.
 Below is the page for my oldest son. 


 From my Counterfeit Kit - CKC February 2023 - So much to Celebrate I pulled the Papers from the DCWV Mariposa Stack and the striped paper from DCWV The Heirloom Stack and added in the Kraft paper to mat my photos I added to my kit the stamps from Ali Edwards Stories by Month- February 2020 and January 2019, and the Making Memories (2009) Journal Book Mocha Paperie - was a perfect match for these layouts. 

For my youngest son's layout, I added in more papers from DCWV The Heirloom Stack and DCWV Old Work Stack.



I only have one Mariposa Stack paper pad, so I had to find something that was similar in color to the peachy background color. Well, I didn't have to, but I wanted something similar for his layout. I added in a few more hearts and used both sides of the Journal Book Mocha Paperie journaling spots. I had ordered the photos which were the standard 4x6 photos, so I need more real estate for layout which is why it is a double page.



Finally, here is my layout, almost identical to the other 12x12 layout. I love the way these layouts turned out. Don't forget to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and the Facebook paper to see what everyone else created. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: