Friday, October 18, 2024

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2 - Use jean on your project

Welcome to Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2 - Use jean on your project. This is what JoJo had to say about this Challenge. "Use jean on your project somewhere. Either a jean paper, jean buttons, flowers or even make a jean pocket. You can use real jean material too".

I pulled out page kit #7 from my October Counterfeit Kit - Fall Splendor. I have blue white and rust cardstock, scraps of green and vellum, and the Birdie paper, mini brads in bronze and Stampin' Up Earth Elements brands, Pinkfresh Ink- Storm, Persimmon, and old Martha Steward ink for the olive color, Black Ink and clear embossing powder, Jillibean Soup Mini Alpha in Navy blueberry, and a few colored pencils. To make my embellishments, I am using Unity Stamps KOTM March 2012 {from head to soul} birdies stamped in green and Storm, March 2012 {HEART and SOIL} birdie and numbers stamped in Persimmon, and April 2012 {FOLLOW your own} It's a beautiful day stamped in black


I started by making a template for my pocket, a 4x6 pieces of cardstock, folded one end on the four-inch side together and cut the pocket shape.  Now that I have the shape I like, I cut it out of the blue paper and decided on the orange brads for the rivets in the top of the pockets. I used the colored pencils to draw in the stitching lines.  I used the white cardstock journal spot and the Jillibean soup letter for the title to tuck into the pocket. 


I trimmed down the Birdie paper a smidgen, on the top and left and right sides, just so that I have a narrow blue outline from the cardstock. My photos are matted on the rust cardstock, I created a banner on the top right side with the scrap of green and blue cardstock and the Persimmon stamped birdies. 

I didn't like the It's a beautiful day stamped on the white cardstock, so I stamped on vellum and used clear embossing powder on it. I then folded it over the top of the pocket and glued the flap down. I used foam tape underneath the pocket. 


Be sure to check out the  Facebook Community Group to see what everyone else created for challenge #2. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: