Thursday, February 5, 2009

Getting ready for Valentine's Day


I was at Splitcoast Stampers looking around and saw a card Silke Ledlow created and cased it, her blog is My Life.

I first embossed the red paper with the D'vine Swirl Cuttlebug folder. I created the word art to fit into my 1 3/8" circle punch and printed it on white. The inner red circle is part of the word art. I then made a red circle and black scallop is made using the corner rounder punch. The heart is punched using the Folk Heart punch from Paper Shapers and the one side is cut down to fit into the circle and are on pop up dots. Add some black ribbon and a couple of gems and I have one card and tag done.

The ribbon is carried to the inside of the card and covered with another piece of the embossed red. The heart stamp is one from the Heartful of Love set.


If you would like the word art click here.



Recipe: Cuttlebug folder: D'vine Swirl, Punches: 1 3/8" circle, Folk Heart, corner rounder, Stamps: Heartful of Love, Ink: Red Paper: White Card stock, Black and Red.

No comments: