Sunday, March 8, 2009

Crimped Envelope Card

I made this card for the Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. The tutorial can be found here. This is my first attempt at this type of card and I read the tutorial like 5 times before I attempted this. To help hide the glue dots behind the transparency I used the vintage die cut on top of the of the transparency.

I have to apologize for the pictures as I stamped the butterfly on a transparency for the front of my envelope. I didn't like how the front of the envelope was stamped and inked and the back was blank so I inked and stamped the back of my envelope before I crimped it.

I also used the cuttlebug to emboss my white background and inked around the edges of the card. Easter is stamped on white card stock and the edges are inked in green. The butterfly was stamped in black and colored with color pencils, then the edges are inked in dark blue.


I also sponged ink on the back of the envelope top. The ribbon is wrapped all the way around the envelope top and there is a glue dot behind the ribbon to hold it in place. The button is threaded with a separate piece of ribbon and a glue dot is holding the button in place.

Recipe: Paper: white, dark green, and scraps of dark blue Stamps: Autumn Leaves - Spring Swirl, Ink: outdoor denim, ponderosa pine, royal blue, black, Misc: Cuttlebug, Stylized Flowers embossing folder and vintage die, ribbon, button, glue, blue sharpie sponge and scraps of a transparency.

No comments: