Thursday, June 25, 2009

Paper Mache Boxes

I've collected a few of the Cricut Cartridges and I've been trying to figure out how I want to store them. I love the boxes they come but, I have a few of them and want to condense the stack of boxes. I started putting them in a plastic tote but I have since grown out of that and didn't want to go to a larger size tote.



I picked up a couple sets of three Paper Mache Boxes from JoAnn's. I'll store in the small box the cartridges, the middle size is the perfect size for the Cricut Cartridges and Keypad Cover and the largest box I am going to use to sort my chipboard letters.


I have no secret for painting the boxes, just that it takes awhile for all the layers of paint to dry. I dug out my acrylic paints and painted the boxes, stamped, added a layer of crackle paint, painted again and stamped a simple design on the outside and lid of each box, then a light coat of varnish. I sponged the inside of the boxes and sealed with a light coat of varnish. I'm undecided if I want to add feet to the boxes.

Using Design Studio I made the dividers on the inside and cut out of Cardstock.. Pulled out my P-touch and labeled all of the dividers for the boxes. I have two medium size boxes for Cricut Cartridges which gives me a little bit of room to grow.








No comments: