Thursday, June 25, 2009

Playing Catch Up

I've been following the Scripture Challenge but have not been keeping up with posting them here. With that in mind I will be posting the "Catch Up's" as a couple of weeks at a time.

Week 7: Glad (front scripture)
" Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice;
Let the sea roar, and everything in it, Shout His praise
- Psalm 96:11



Glad (back definition)
1a: experience pleasure, joy or delight: made happy
b: made pleased, satisfied, or grateful c: very willing
2a: marked by, expressive of, or caused by happiness.

Week 7 Glad: Using Adobe Photoshop Elements and Vivaldi as the font I typed the sayings on white printer paper, trimmed and inked the edges in blue. The same blue ink is used for the "g" tab on a light green paper. I used the scallop punch as the tab for my cards and punched "GLAD" out of light blue paper.

Week 8: Trust (front Scripture)
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart: and learn not
unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct thy paths.
- Proverbs 3:5-6


Trust (back definitions)
1a: firm belief in the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something.
b: a person or thing in which confidence is placed
2: a confident hope.

Week 8 Trust: I used RomandScr D as the font this time, printed out on regular paper, inked the edges. I'm using regular printer paper so that some of the background will show through but not as much as if I were using vellum. The flowers were punched out of green paper and applied randomly - it's a punch from mom so I'm not sure what kind. The scallop punch is used for the tab but on the end this time. I know that my definition side has misspelled words on it but I have fixed it the actual photoshop file.

Recipe: Punches: Scallop Oval, circle, Flower - 8 petal, Scrap Essential Alphabet set, corner rounder Paper: Scraps Stamps: Hero Arts Clear Designs "G" Ink: green, blue, black Misc: glue Fonts: Vivaldi, RomandScr D

No comments: