Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas Ornament Tree and Family Layout - Part One

I wanted to do a layout that could use the Christmas pictures but wasn't traditional Christmas to start off the 2011 Albums, and this is what I came up with. I actually used the Stampin' Up ornament punch, but the cut file has a Christmas ornament from the Christmas (Noel) cartridge. Sometimes you just have to use the punches to get your money out of them.

Now I did this layout in 3 different sizes: 8x8, 8.5x11, and 12x12. Today's post is the 8x8 album. There are two 8x8 pages and two 4x6 pages for this set. I inked around all the edges with brown card stock and purposely used a grid paper for the ornament in the bottom right side for some simple journaling - like the date.


Pages 2 and 3 are the 4x6 pages and I used the Fiskars ornament edge punch on the kraft cardstock and trimmed the back of it with with. The ornaments on the 4x6 are not glued in the middle so that a picture can slide behind them. The strip at the edge is 2x8 inches and has another ornament and the ornament edged in white.

Page 4 has a tag that is held on the page with the ornaments. I've also glued an ornament on each side to that just a sliver of it shows when it's on the page. Oops - I forgot to put the ribbon in the tag before I took the picture.

Thanks for stopping by.

Click here for the cut file.

Recipe:
Paper: Background - unknown, DCWV cardstock - kraft and white, Pink scraps for ornaments; AC Cardstock - Chestnut Damask
Ink: Autumn Leaves - Brown
Cricut Cartridges: Christmas, George, Home Accents, Tags Bags Boxes and More
Punches: Stampin' Up Ornament Punch, Fiskars Ornament Edge
Misc: adhesive, pop up dots, ribbon for tag.

1 comment:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Jan. 15, 2011. Thanks again.