Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Carousal Mini Album

The Carousal Mini Album was a kit from Scrapbook Heaven. It came with all the cardstock, pattern papers, flowers, buttons, rhinestones, pearl and ribbon needed to make it. I added a few fun journaling spots cut with my Cricut and then lined with a pen. All of the journaling spots were cut from white paper.

I made so many pages that I had to replace the wire rings that came with the kit for larger ones.
I used this a the cover for the album. The flower is one that came in the kit. I used a corner punch to make the border by taking the guard off and punching along a straight edge.


Here is pages two and three. I did use the distress ink to ink most of the pages and used foam tape to pop the scalloped paper away from the background so that a pocket was formed. I just love the left flower on page three. I have it on top a punched flower. The journaling spot is from Going Places cartridge.



Page four has another journaling spot from the Going Places cartridge. Page five has the Pom Pom trim on the right side and velvet trim on the top and bottom of the page.


I just love the butterfly paper from page 6 and that was a scrap from Garden Party stack. For page 7 I stacked a couple of the flowers and added a brown pearl to the center. The Heart journaling spot is cut from Indie Art




Page eight has a journaling spot that is removable and page nine I left plain as I just could not cover up that paper.



Here is page eight with the journaling spot next to the page. I tried to alternate the pattern paper with the journaling spot and cardstock pages.
The kit came with plain cardstock to sandwich between the pages instead of cardboard. I used modge podge to glue the pages to the cardstock. I also tried to alternate my bulky elements so that I didn't have them on facing pages in the same spot. I made over 40 mini pages for this album so it is quite large.


Thanks for stopping by.
I'll have the file for the journaling spots posted on next weeks post.
Recipe:
Scrapbook Heaven Kit, DCWV cardstock - white, green, red, blue; Pattern paper for accents - scraps from my stash
Punches: EK Succes - Wrought Iron Corner Punch; Martha Stewart - Arch Lattice; Unknown flower punch
Cricut Cartridges: Accent Essentials, George, Going Places, Indie Art

No comments: