Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Calendar Mini Album Part One

I had picked up a desk photo album and decided to turn it into a mini calendar album that will go onto my desk. The photo sleeves will hold a 4x6 photo with a little room at the top so that I do not have to punch holes in the pictures.


The paper is from Scrapbook Heaven Kits that was left over from other projects. I also used my punches to add interest to the pages along with various rub ons. I tried to keep the embellishments flat so that the pages would fit into the sleeves.


I have a hard time using rub ons and stickers on what I make. For this project I forced my self to use them on most if not all the pages. The flowers on this paper reminded me of snowflakes and here in Minnesota we get a lot of snow in January.


I used the curly label punch with a rub on and a chipboard piece to accent the back of the page. Both pieces are only glued at the bottom of the page so that the photo can slide behind them. I added a few red button to bring the red over from the prior page.




For February I had to used these little birds. They were part of a border strip that I cut apart. I added a journaling spot, the "love" rub on and was punched it with a circle punch.



I had some of these left over rhinestone flowers and they worked perfectly on the punched circle. The lace trim is glued on a piece of white cardstock and the edges are only attached to the pattern paper.



The journaling spot has a rub on it and don't you just love the mini prima flowers. I don't use enough of the flowers that come with the Scrapbook Heaven kits so I have a large stash of them . I find it hard to use them with the amount of guy pages I do.



"The sweetest things in life..." was a rub on I just added to a strip of cardstock. I added a small rub on to the blue punched paper.



This project was a challenge for me in many ways. I didn't use my Cricut on any of the pages and I used product I normaly don't use in my scrapbooking such as the rub one, journaling spots and stickers. Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe: (This is just a few of the supplies I used on this project. I will add more as I post each week).
Paper: Scrapbook Heaven Kits - includes rubons, buttons, ribbon, labels; Cardstock - DCWV
Punches: Stampin; Up - Extra Large Decorative Punch, Curley Label
Misc: adhesive, pop up dots, buttons.

No comments: