Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Winter Blooms

My African Violets and Orchids are in bloom and are an extra spot of sunshine on these cold and snowy winter days.  I used a picture of the African Violets for the ScrapBookClasses layout challenge which was to use this sketch and we could make it any size we wanted. We had until January 31st to send in our entry of something new. 


I changed the background just a bit by cutting off a 1/4" all the way around and layering the polka dot paper onto dark brown cardstock. "Remember you can click on any photo to make it larger".


I used the Cricut to cut most of the elements on this page.  After getting it all put together I realized I had not inked anything as I was planning to do. 


Here is a close up of one of the flower clusters.  The Prima No 5  forever flowers remind me of the violets so I added the yellow beads with some glossy accents. 


I cut the tag out of green cardstock and vellum, embossed the vellum with the Flower Garden embossing folder then layered "winter" on top. 


The "blooms" banner is cut from vellum and the background is from the purple cardstock.  I glued the top of the pieces together then covered it up with the sheer ribbon which is one piece of ribbon knotted between.  The banner is on foam tape.


I hand cut the journaling block after stamping it then corner punched it. I like how the Prima flowers resemble my Violets in the picture. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Click here for the cut file.

Recipe:
Paper: Scrapbook Heaven - American Traditional Designs 'Purple Dots and Orange CardStock' (Purple Dots used), Sassafraslass 'Serendipity' Green Apple; From my stash - Bazzill Basics Lime Crush, Stampin' Up - Vellum, DCWV- White, Recollections - Kraft, unknown Brown and purple
Stamp: Scrappy Cat - Journaling Blocks
Ink: Stampin' Up - Wild Wasabi
Cricut: Elegant Edges, George and the Basic Shapes, Jubilee, MS All Occasions
Embossing Folder: Stampin' Up - Flower Garden
Punch: Corner Rounder
Misc: Adhesive, foam tape, glossy accents, Me&my Big Ideas - light yellow beads, Offray Sheerly Your white ribbon 1/4", Prima No. 5 forever Flowers,

2 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Nicely done on the sketch

Unknown said...

I was doing the masculine card hop and can't find your entry to that but this LO is stunning. Love the colors and details.