Monday, August 6, 2012

Wet and Dry Embossing

It's embossing week at Card A Day Blog and I used both wet and dry embossing on my card. 


On my cream cardstock I stamped and embossed the dress form in the center of the cardstock.  I then centered the dress form in the center of the embossing folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug.  I applied Evergreen bough distress ink over the raised surfaces and repeated with the Vintage Photo.  I lightly inked the inside of the frame where I stamped the dress form with Vintage Photo.  I wrapped a brown ribbon around the left side of the card.


I used the Lace Ribbon Border punch to punch a strip from the cream cardstock and used Evergreen bough to shade it.  I also inked the edges of the mat with Evergreen bough.


Thanks for stopping by.  Don't forget to enter your embossed card on the challenge page and stop back tomorrow to see what Christine Patton has for you
Cutting Instructions:
Card Base: Brown cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".
Cream 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Inside Cream: 4" x 5 1/4"

Recipe:
Paper: Cardstock: Recollections cream and brown
Stamps: Unity Kit of the Month - May 2012 - {LOVE in and INSTANT}
Ink: VersaMark Embossing Ink and Midnight Black; Distress Ink: Vintage Photo and Evergreen bough
Embossing Powder - black
Embossing Folder - Tim Holtz Alteration's Texture Fade - Book Cover #1
Punch: Stampin' Up - Lace Ribbon Border Punch
Misc.: Ribbon - American Crafts, adhesive, heat gun, Cuttlebug, embossing buddy.

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful card Cindy! Love the 2 embossing techniques done on it.