Thursday, July 25, 2013

Au Revoir

Hi everyone, I am the Designer today at the Card A Day Blog and our weekly theme is Travel.  For my card I used my Cricut to cut the main elements of my card (the Cricut cut sizes are posted below).


I embossed my green circle then used the distress ink to make it stand out. I cut the black and white pattern paper with the cricut, then trimmed it down so that I had 2" of it for my card front and attached the punch border to the back side.  I used a piece of scrap ribbon - which was really narrow - so I doubled it up to make it look wider on the front of the card and tied it to the side. This piece was then layered onto the white cardstock then the card base.

 
To make the tag I cut the cream cardstock 2 1/8" x 4" and trimmed the top corners.  I stamped the Eiffel Tower onto a separate piece of cream cardstock, cut it out, inked the edges with distress ink and used pop up dots to place it on the tag.  Au Revoir is stamped directly onto the tag after I had the Eiffel Tower on it.  I then tore the bottom of the tag off to make it fit the card and inked all the tag edges. I stamped "4 You" on cream cardstock, punched it out and placed it under the ribbon knot.
 
 
 
I used the Boho Blossom punch and punched the large and medium flowers out of black cardstock.  I used a regular paper punch and the green cardstock for the flower centers.  I used glossy accents to hold the flower pieces together and the brad on the card front.

 
 
Thanks for stopping by.  Tomorrow Shirley Ross is the Designer to inspire you at the Card A Day Blog.

Cricut Cuts:
Card Base: Scallop Card (button 11): Cut 1 at 5 1/4"
Large Circle (button 1):  Cut 2 at 4 1/2" (white and green cardstock)
Small Circle (button 1): Cut 3 at 4 1/4" ( white, green and black and white pattern paper)

Recipe:
Cardstock: Recollections - white, black and cream; Unknown - green and black and white pattern
Stamps: Unity Kit of the Month - December 2012 {everyday fairytale}; Stampin' Up - Tiny Tags
Ink: Stazon - Jet Black; Distress Ink - Vintage Photo; Versa Magic - Midnight Black
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug - Textile
Punches: Stampin' Up - Jewelry Tag, Scallop Trim and Boho Blossoms
Cricut Cartridge:  Close to my Heart  Art Philosophy
Brads: Stampin' Up - Filigree
Misc.: Adhesive, Cuttlebug, Glossy Accents, Hole Punch, Pop up dots, Scissors, White Ribbon

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful card, the embossed green give a really cool touch to the card