Saturday, September 14, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

This week at the Card A Day Blog we are celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving.  When I think of Thanksgiving I think of going home, pulling up to the ranch house with the lights on inside and the vehicles parked in front, the meals and family and friends waiting inside.  Hopefully this card will have you thinking about the same things.

 
I used my Cricut to cut out the window, border and one of the branches.  I know there are dies out there that have similar cuts if you don't have a Cricut.  I then used the distress inks to color my window and the heat tool to dry it - I was impatient.



I made the flowers out of the punches, layered them together and added pearls centers.  I added pearls to the inside of the border section and a few around the outside of the flowers.  Tied a bow to the corner and a cluster of flowers to finish it off.

 
I kept the inside pretty plain as I my note will take up the page.  Thanks so much for stopping by.
 
 
Cutting Instructions:
Card Base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Front: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Window Frame: Christmas Noel - Button 41 cut at 3 7/8"
Window (glass): Christmas Noel -Blackout Feature and Button 41 cut at 3 7/8"
Border: Paper Lace: Lace 2 - Button 23 at 1 1/2"
Martha Stewart Seasonal: Base and Button 7 at 1 1/8"

Paper: Recollections - white and purple; Provo Craft - Slab III, Stampin' Up - vellum, DCWV - The Luxury Stack
Ink: Distress Ink: Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, Broken China
Punches: Stampin' Up - Itty Bitty Punches (flowers), Boho Blossoms
Cricut Cartridges: Christmas Noel, Martha Stewart Seasonal, Paper Lace
Die:Tim Holtz - Tattered Floral
Ribbon: Stampin' Up - 1/2" Crumb Cake seam binding
Pearls: Recollections - brown
Misc.: Adhesive,

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful card Cindy, wow! I guess I better revisit the noel cart I didn't know this frame was on there.