Monday, October 28, 2013

The every day routine

A couple of layouts I did over the weekend. I started this page with the journaling spot "the every day routine" and the background paper from my October Counterfeit Kit.

I stamped the arrows from the stamp set and cut the one apart as it more like a journal spot instead of the chevrons you see at the bottom of the page.  

 
For my 8 1/2" x 11" page I used 3" x 5" photo mats instead of the 4" x 6".  I wanted a little bit more of the white space. 

A bit of embroidery yarn and I'm done.  The embroidery yarn is yarn for crewel embroidery and I have a fair chunk of it in different colors so I thought I would use it on some layouts.

Thanks for stopping by.
Counterfeit Kit Challenge - October:
15 - 12x12 layouts
6 - 8 1/2 x 11 layout
Recipe:
Cardstock: DCWV - Photo Reel Stack 3; Added to kit: Cardstock - DCWV -white, black and shinny black: unknown tan (photo mats)
Stamps: Close to my Heart - My Life
Ink: Autumn Leaves - grey; Stampin' Up - Old Olive
Punch: Martha Stewart - Cherish
Printable: Smiling colors.com
Misc: embroidery yarn, adhesive, scissors

2 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

This is a really interesting project, doing these ready-made pages for your sons (I believe I have that right?) It's also fun to see a series of masculine pages that aren't juvenile.

Jimjams said...

Love the pages design - what a super border punch.