Saturday, October 26, 2013

American Thanksgiving

Hi everyone, thanks for joining me from the Card A Day Blog. I'm finishing off the week for American Thanksgiving cards. 

I've started this card by cutting out a door frame with my Cricut.  I then measured the white cardstock to fit behind the door and stamped the tree image. I added blue to the sky and green for the grass.  I used a make up sponge for this part.  Since my screen is another layer I wasn't too worried about dark places. 


After attaching these two pieces together I layered them on top of my embossed brick paper with a piece of scroll work cut from the Cricut that I had left over from another project.

 

I stamped, hand cut the pumpkins and layered them by the door.  All of this is layered onto another piece of tan paper, the brown cardstock and the card base.  I did ink around the embossed brick layer.

Thanks for stopping by.  Don't forget we start a new challenge Tomorrow.

Recipe:
Cardstock: Recollections - orange, brown, kraft and white; Provo Craft - The Slab III - tan paper;
Stamps: Unity Kit of the Month: August 2012 {Color of the Seasons} small pumpkins, August 2013 {cozy moments} large pumpkin, September 2012 {happiness has no limit} tree
Ink: Stazon - brown; Stampin' Up - Pumpkin Spice, Soft Suede; Distress Ink: Vintage photo, china blue, peeled paint
Embossing Folder: Tim Holtz - bricked
Misc.: Brad, mesh, adhesive


1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Sweet card Cindy, very well done. The inking is soooo cool