Saturday, November 23, 2013

Zilker Botanical Garden

I'm using a paper that I've been hoarding forever - I love the color and the flower design it reminds me of dandelions.  The paper is in Set #3 from my Counterfeit Kit Challenge.  I originally picked up the paper because I wanted the pattern, but since I have a Cricut I cut my own so it's time to use it. 


So this last trip to Austin, Texas I drug DH to the Botanical Garden and ran him through my favorite parts - literally, we had about 20 minutes to kill and he has not seen it.  I used the Botany image from the Stampin' Up paper and matted it onto grey cardstock to bring in another element. My journaling card is behind it.   I again did a few of the banners and accented them with the rhinestones accents. 



The Koi in the corner is one that he was taking a picture of in the middle of the pond.  Our map that we picked up is in another sheet protector so that we can refer back to it in the future. 



Thanks for stopping by.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge -  November
12 - 12 x 12 layouts
4 - 8 1/2 x 11 layouts
1 - Altered project
1 - Mini Album ( have to wait to see it on the blog hop, November 24th)
4 -cards for Challenge #3: Little Bits Card Challenge
3 - Tags for Challenge #3: Little Bits Card Challenge

Recipe:
Background Paper - from Target; Added to Kit: Paper Doily, Stampin' Up: First Edition, Love Letters; DCWV - greens, oranges and grey
Stamp: Clear Stamps - Away We Go "Road Trip"; Smashbook date stamp
Ink: Autumn Leaves -grey; Stazon - Jet Black
Punch: Stampin' Up - Decorative Label Punch
Printable: Mini Alphabet
Misc.: Rhinestones, Green Embroidery yarn, tiny spring clothespin, adhesive and pop up dot.

3 comments:

Tara O said...

Love this LO! Great page!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Love the little banners & the houndstooth peeking out behind your central photo.

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute layout and just love the banners too