Thursday, February 6, 2014

Holiday Wishes - 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown

I have another card share for the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and it's a sketch challenge this week. When I was pulling my Counterfeit Kit I forgot to add a couple of sheet of Christmas Paper, but then I realized I had the red and white Wahsi Tape.


Since I didn't have my Unity Stamps put away I'm using them again. I stamped the tree onto white cardstock and cut it out.  I just didn't like the way it looked matted in cardstock so I decided to use vellum.  I cut the washi tape in half as it looked way to wide for my stamp.



Each card has a different color of rhinestones where the elements go and a red one for the tree topper. Instead of using paper on the inside as a border I just wrapped the washi tape around the white mat then stamped the "holiday wishes" sentiment inside.



Thanks for stopping by.

Entered in:
52{Christmas} Card Throwdown - Sketch
Counterfeit Kit Challenge - February
4 - 6x8 Project Life Layouts
2 - Cards

 2 cards for OWH

Cutting Instructions:
Card Base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Pattern Paper: 4" x 5 1/4"
Inside white: 4" x 5 1/4"

Recipe:
Cardstock: Recollections - Kraft, white, and Bright and Jolly stack; Stampin' Up - Vellum
Stamps: Unity Kit of the Month - September 2011 {all seasons} and October 2012 { from ours to YOURS}
Ink: Versa Magic - Spanish Olive
Recollections - Rhinestones
Washi Tape - Doodlebug
Mics..: Adhesive, dot adhesive, scissors

9 comments:

Mynn xx said...

These are fabulous, Cindy!!! LOVE the happy, bright colors you used and I adore that darling tree image! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute Cindy and good eye for the vellum it gives the stamped image center stage with a nice red backdrop with the washi

Susanne said...

Oh I like that. It has a floating feel to it.

Lisa said...

I'll be holding onto the idea of matting with vellum - so perfect for a Christmas card.

lovely cards

Peanut said...

You can't go wrong with red and green for Christmas. Such an elegant card Cindy.. and perfectly CAS. Thanks for joining the February Sketch challenge at 52 {C}CT.
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Louise van Vuren said...

Love your colour choice and the washi tape. Great take on the sketch, thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT

Louise xx

Danielle Vincent said...

I love how this looks with the vellum - great idea. Wonderful traditional card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT.

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely super - love the traditional colours. I do like the tree on vellum. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Virginia said...

Fabulous stuff!