Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Heart Invitation

Today I'm the Designer over at Card A Day Blog and the theme is Invitation cards.  When we moved to Minnesota DH's schedule was insane, long work hours and he never knew when he would be home, when he was home he was working.  So for Valentine's Day I sent him an invitation requesting him to be home by a certain time for a Special Valentine Dinner and No Work Allowed. A Valentine Tradition was born - a relaxing meal for him  and I get to try out new recipes. Here is my Heart Invitation for him this year. 

I cut the two hearts from my Cricut, then outlined them with a white charcoal pencil.  I tried the white gel pen and had to turn them over as it bled.   I then used the charcoal pencil on the pattern paper, then the white gel pen. 




I added various silk flowers and Prima flowers.  The rolled silk roses are taken apart, cut in half and rerolled before I attached them to the card. To finish off the I used white pearls and outlined the double hearts with them.

The inside is pretty simple with a strip of pattern paper and a flower with a pearl which leaves me room to write my message.



Thanks so much for stopping by.

Cutting Instructions:
Card Base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Background: 4" x 5 1/2"
 Hearts at 3 1/8"

Recipe:
Paper: DCWV - The Timeless Stack, white cardstock; Unknown burgundy cardstock
Pearls - Recollections white and brown
Flowers: Unknown Silk Flowers, Prima Flowers
Cricut Cartridge: George and the Basic Shapes - Heart with the shift button at 3 1/8"
Misc.: Adhesive, Generals - White Charcoal pencil, white gel pen

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful card I just love the Timeless stack and great idea with the white charcoal pencil.