Saturday, September 5, 2015

Birdie Birdie

There is this little yellow chickadee that flutters around our yard, I see him at the bird feeder, at the bird bath, resting on the fence. I just never get a chance to snap a picture of him before he is off again. Well I finally did, so now I have to make a layout. I'm using my September Counterfeit Kit  to make my layout.


I punched out of yellow cardstock the slide frame put my mini pictures behind, these three little pictures are on pop dots. I also die cut the branches out of orange and yellow foam I put into my kit.  This little experiment turned out great. I didn't have the rubber feathers or anything similar in my stash.  I love the added texture it gives to the layout. I did put a piece of wax paper under the foam before I cut it.


I again made a couple of tags and only the green one is for journaling. The orange has some more of the DIY Washi tape on it.  I punched a bit of a vellum border and used more of the Washi tape where it meets the paper.


My journaling reads: I was finely able to snap a few pictures of him. Of all the places he has perched - on the flowering lily branch.


Thanks for stopping by.

September 2015 Counterfeit Kit -  Summer Festival
3 - Forgeries
3 - 12x12 Layouts
1 - 8 1/2 x 11 Layouts
 - Cards


Recipe:
September Counterfeit Kit:
Paper: DCWV - The Timeless Texture Stack and The Everyday Essential Stack; Cardstock - Yellow Gray, Orange and Green; Vellum.
Die: Papertrey Ink - Monthly Moments: Slide Frame: Sizzix: Flower and Branches; Martha Stewart - Spiral Arches
Punches:  Marvy 3/4" circle and a Hole Punch.
Misc.: Adhesive,  Button, Cuttlebug, Distress tool, DIY Washi Tape, Embroidery floss,  Foam sheet - yellow and orange, Pop up dots, Sequins, Twine and Zots.

7 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

I love the sparkle your custom washi adds to your page!
The yellow frames really make your photos pop.

Kudos on finally getting these amazing close-up photos.
(I'm thinking that you may have a goldfinch there?)

Emma Clark said...

love the leafy cluster, looks great x

Clair said...

Great use of those tags and your forged ferns!

Tina Campbell said...

A wonderful layout Cindy :) I'm enjoying the bird layouts you have been doing :) I so love watching the birds in the yard and getting pictures of them :) We have a couple of humming birds hanging around and would love to get pictures of them to scrap :)
Great tip on the foam I'll have to give that a try would be fun to make some cuts that way. It does add nice texture to your layout too :)

Julia said...

Beautiful layout! So much to love about this layout but that vellum border is divine.

sassyscrapper said...

the pop of yellow is the perfect addition.

Lisa said...

great colours and the orange and yellow foam leaves are amazing - they look so good!