Sunday, September 6, 2015

Counterfeit Kit Challenge # 1: Pop of Color on white

Challenge 1 on the Counterfeit Kit Blog is: Pop of color on white. Keep most of your project white and use ONE nice pop of color for a change of pace.

The inspiration for this comes from Lime Doodle Design and her Layered Texture Post


She made this beautiful card with different techniques. She used dry embossing, heat embossing, glitter, vellum and enamel dots to create her textures.

I started off by pulling out the paper tape and my stencil along with white texture effect and making a couple of strips of Washi tape. Which I'm going to use on this project.

 
While this was drying I embossed a piece of white cardstock with script stamp and white embossing powder. I then die cut out of the white cardstock, white glitter cardstock, acetate, and tracing paper. I used the Labels and Frames embossing folder with some white cardstock.


I originally cut the white foam with the lattice die thinking I was going to use that and the pink paper as my pop of color. But I changed my mind and used the pink foam sheet as my pop of color and the white foam as accent pieces.


I have a lot of layers going on here.



 I used the gel medium in the corners, painted around the layout with white acrylic paint and a brush, then watered it down and flicked the paint around the page.


On the guy's layouts I added the acrylic paint to the gel mat. It is really hard to see in picture.


I actually made sure to add the DIY Washi Tape. I have it in two places on the layouts. One in the corner and the other is under the picture.


While I was making these layouts I picked up my peaches and there is a thin layer of foam dividing them. I used the Beautiful Butterflies die to cut it and one of the white foam pieces from the Lattice die. Just another dimension for my pages.


I've included the following techniques on my layouts:  dry embossing, heat embossing, glitter cardstock, vellum, acetate, foam accents, stenciling, paint splatters, beads, enamel dots and sequins.


Thanks for stopping by.

September 2015 Counterfeit Kit -  Summer Festival
3 - Forgeries
2 - 12x12 Layouts
1 - 8 1/2 x 11 Layouts
 - Cards

Recipe:
September Counterfeit Kit:
Paper: Acetate, DCWV - White Glitter Cardstock, Recollections - White cardstock, Tracing paper and Vellum; Foam sheets - white and pink
Stencil: Hero Arts - Tweed Pattern; Plaid- Tangler
Die: Stampin' Up - Lattice Die and Beautiful Butterflies; Sizzix - Flowers and Branches; Tim Holtz: Weathered Clock and Heart Wings; Die-namics - Little Letters
Misc.: Adhesive, Beads, Cuttlebug, DIY Enamel Dots,  DIY Washi, Embossing Powder-white,  Fun Foam, Gel Medium, Heat Gun, Pop Dots, Sequins White Acrylic Paint and White Texture.

4 comments:

Susan said...

This is beautiful! I really envy your mixed media skills!

Tina Campbell said...

Wow that layout is beautiful. The layers are gorgeous :) I'm liking what your doing with the foam too so cool

Lisa said...

wow, do you make two of every layout you make? This/these are really so very beautiful. You really took the challenge and ran with it! I love all the layers and texture - really super job.

cinmfoster said...

Lisa - I make layouts for myself and my two guys. My oldest picked a 12x12 album and my youngest picked a 8 1/2x 11 album. So if I'm scrapping something that goes in their album I have two 12x12 and one 8 1/2 x11 pages.